Below is the press release that was disseminated to all media press men who were present at the Press Conference on Friday, June 28th 2019 at Landmark Hotels in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, by the CEO GALAXY360 MEDIA, GALAXY MUSIC AWARDS, STANLEY AZUBUIKE. Read through and stay updated on matters arising.
1. Gentlemen of the press, good afternoon and welcome to this press conference. We have invited you here today to intimate you with the details of the December 7th scheduled Galaxy Music Awards in its second year with a line up draft of pre- and post-event activities.
2. A. As you would recall, last year we convened like this. We understand the place of the media and stakeholders’ community towards the award programme. Hence, we continue to seek your unwavering faith, trust and support to drive the vision of the award programme. Thank you for honoring our invitation.
B. We at Galaxy360 Media are also taking a step forward in line with our objective of promoting the business of the lifestyle and entertainment sector, to bring to your notice some of our upcoming projects. Some of which are the relaunch of the Galaxy360 Magazine and launching of an online music streaming platform called GXtreme.
C. These products under the Galaxy360 Media chain of initiatives is intended to showcase our desire to evolve amidst competing times and to catch in an innovation driven. We believe to grow the South South we need to set our own pace and choose our own path with our own competitor advantage – the creative and talented people waiting for opportunities. We want to be part to creating this opportunity that is why we are here and we appreciate you for buying into our vision.
3. The theme for this year’s GMA is “Rivers of Possibilities”. The theme is chosen to highlight the growing pool of talent and entertainers in the Niger Delta region.
4. This year, the GMA is taking the spotlight from the grassroots to cities to find the creatives who have been amazing in the last active-year period.
5. We will continue to hold on our integrity, transparency during these processes and we’ll try to ensure that we award deserving entertainers for their handwork.
7. This year, competition will be drawn across a possible 25 categories with improvements on already existing ones.
8. Now to the details of the events.
a. PRESS CONFERENCE: June 28th, 2019 which is today.
b. Galaxy Celebrity Play Station 4 Championships:
This is an August long Championship among South South Celebrities and Influencers, the draws for the Championship is scheduled to hold on Friday 26th July 2019, the championship kicks off on the 4th of August 2019 at the Bole Festival, to be followed by weekend round of matches at different venues and centers.
The championship finals are schedule for Saturday, 7th September, 2019.
c. Audience / Jury Team Nominations: September 10th, 2019 – October 2nd, 2019. This process allows the general public alongside the jury an opportunity to nominate their favorites for the various categories available. The Galaxy Music Awards (GMAs) nomination is split into 4 levels:
i. The Radio houses with 25%
ii. The Music bloggers with 25%
iii. The Disk jockeys with 25%
iv. The Audience had the remaining 25%
d. Jury team collation and final nominee’s presentation: Friday 11th October 2019.
A team of reputable pedigree with specialty in music and entertainment will be charged with the responsibility of collating the nominees Invitations are also extended to Producers, DJs, Club Managers, Media Personalities, Music Bloggers, Managers, Creative’s etc., in selecting our final nominees for the various categories.
e. Voting Kicks off Monday 21st, October and ends Monday 25th October, 2019.
Voting will be done online through the Galaxy Music Awards Official website and via SMS.
f. Celebrity Clean Up is scheduled for November 16th, 2019. This is a cleanup rally organized by Entertainers, aimed at city sensitization and community service.
g. Nominees Hangout scheduled for November 29th, 2019.
This is the penultimate event before the award ceremony, to engage all the nominees and unite them before the grand finale a week later.
h. Gala & Award Presentation Dinner: December 7th, 2019 (Aztec Arcum – Port Harcourt)
9. Please note, gentlemen, that the programme of events, complete with the time of events and other details, will be made available to you after this press conference.
10. On this note, we want to most sincerely thank you, gentlemen, for honoring our invitation once more. We will now take your questions.
Owen J. Shedrack
Head of Editorials & Business Development