April 22nd, 2015, makes it five (5) years since the late rapper Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, popularly known as “DAGRIN”, passed on after he was involved in a ghastly motor accident.
The tragic accident which claimed his life happened in the early hours on April 14, 2010 after his car collided with a stationary trailer (heavy duty vehicle) in front of Alakara Police Station, off Agege Motor Road, Mushin, Lagos.
He was initially admitted at Tai Solarin Hospital, Mushin before he was transferred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) Idi Araba, where doctors declared him dead after serious efforts were made to save his life.The late rapper was admitted at the Intensive Care Unit and operated upon, and later moved to the private wing of the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Below are fews things you may not know about the late rapper:
• The Rapper attended Meiran community primary school, Roseille Nursery and Primary School, Meiran Community high school and Egbado College.
• DAGRIN’s mother, Mrs. Olaonipekun, was the second of his father’s three wives.
• He was 22 years old when he died in a car accident.
• His father’s speech at the candle light ceremony was the rap he did to the song he was featured in by YQ, titled: ‘Efimile’
• His car, Nissan Maxima, was a 2008 model and carried the number plate, DAGRIN 03
• His father’s nickname is Nelly. He has a music store located at Meiran bus stop, ‘House of Nelly sounds’ store where he used to stay before moving to Surulere.
• The late rapper’s body was brought into the cemetery for burial in a black Ebony Escalade Cadillac ESV 2007 model.
• His Twitter ID was @Dagrinfimile, Facebook was Dagrin fimilejo. He had 4,930 friends on Facebook.
• The last time he logged on to twitter was on Thursday April 8th, 2010.
• He got the nickname Barack O’Grin from the remix song he did with General Pype titled “CHAMPION”.